Tuesday, September 17, 2013

dreaming of the sea

Ocean Dreams II
watercolor on cold pressed paper
8 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

I am still working out how best to define this series, so is it a series yet? I don't know. The last surf painting was in a rectangular format, this is a square. I really like the square format and can see multiples of these all lined up. We'll see. My challenge here was to keep the soft early morning light on the surf. I used a bit of sandpaper at the end to put some sparkles in the spray. That was kind of fun and kind of scary all at the same time.

Don't forget to visit my Daily Paintworks page to see what works I have available for purchase!

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

doesnt have to be the same shape to be a series, sometimes works better when they are different shapes/sizes

another one with great lighting :D

Autumn Leaves said...

Interesting about the sand paper...I wonder if the effect that created is what made me think this was a colored pencil piece? Hmmm...It is a beauty of a water scene, Ann. I love the sunlight glancing off the water.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ann - this is beautiful...I love all the colors you captured here as well as the white surf. Thanks for sharing...I love seeing your part of the world. Take care and have a wonderful week-end.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin