Monday, October 7, 2013

wildflowers

Autumn Field
watercolor
7.5 x 9.5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

I love seeing the wildflowers this time of year. In autumn, the fields are alive with goldenrod and purple aster blossoms. This is painted from a view along the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had such a wet summer here in our southern mountains that the wildflowers look more spectacular than ever.

I had been hoping to be making paintings with a little more frequency than I actually have been lately. However, life does tend to take over at times. Plus, I have an exhibit to prepare for that will be happening in at the end of November. Lots of matting and framing to be done. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Ann - you live in such a lovely spot and I adore this painting that lies along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Your colors are glorious. Good luck with your exhibit.

Carol Creech said...

That is just gorgeous! And yes, good luck with your exhibit!
Carol

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh very nice and bright :D

Autumn Leaves said...

I too love wildflowers and their colorful abandon. You've captured them beautifully, Ann. I wish you much success with your exhibit! Congratulations on that too, by the way.

Hugh said...

Wonderful art. Good luck with your show.

Introverted Art said...

this is so beautiful

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin