Thursday, January 9, 2014

warming to the new year

I did not intend to take such a lengthy break from this blog, yet it seems that I did after all. We are now getting back into our familiar routines after a relaxing holiday break. This morning, as the temperatures were finally warming to something more reasonable for our January days, I watched as the sun approached slowly across the distant hills, filling in the shadows with light.
Here are the beginnings of a new watercolor painting. I don't know what I was thinking with all of that pattern. This in-progress view may be the only glimpse you have of this painting, if all does not go well from here on out.
My work that did not sell from our December show is back home now. It's nice to see some of these old friends again.
Kiddo's tennis and homeschool co-op classes have begun again. And my newly completed tote bag, stuffed with yet another crochet project is ready to go along. It is comforting to be returning to our rhythm. I have been looking forward to this new year, a new year of light and warmth, ready to be savored.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

The art, right down to the crocheted tote is beautiful!

Jennifer Edwards said...

Looks like a lovely sun-filled space in which to paint! Your painting looks awesome and I love the crocheted tote! Happy New Year Ann!

Jennifer Rose said...

brrr look cold *grabs mittens* pretty tho with the frost :)

the pattern looks good tho and the colours are great together :)

Debbie Nolan said...

Ann - so glad you are back and had a relaxing holiday break. Your art is lovely and I hope you do get that watercolor finished. It looks like it is going to be lovely. Your crocheted tote is so pretty too. I have never done anything of that nature and I am always so impressed when I see other's work. Looks like you are off to a wonderful start to the New Year. Take care and God Bless.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin