Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sea and Sky II

Sea and Sky
watercolor
8 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Here is the second piece completed in  my Sea and Sky series. I am challenging myself with these by adding more complex details to the two elements of water and sky. I like the simplicity of the compositions, with one calm, flat horizon dividing the space.

I have already begun the third painting for this series. Here is a snippet of it in progress.
Lots more to do yet. The initial washes are in and I have begun working in those areas where the masking fluid was removed. I am slowly adding definition to the splashy and foamy bits. This will take a while.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Wow, Ann! I can almost hear the waves as they roll into shore. Looks like this was a clear day and your painting is amazing.

Debbie Nolan said...

Beautiful - and so inspiring too my dear. Have a great week-end.

Jennifer Rose said...

Gorgeous :D

I really have to figure out how to paint water :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin