Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Water Sky

Water Sky I
watercolor
8 x 10 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

There is a spot on Edisto Island, SC, called Steamboat Landing. Situated on Steamboat Creek, a fishing pier juts out over a wide expanse of water. The views of the surrounding marsh, water, and sky are stunning. When choosing this composition to paint I liked that distant thin strip of land separating the water from the sky and they way it created a nearly abstract composition.

This is the beginning of a second series that focuses on water as a theme. I usually do have more than one series going at a time with my work as I enjoy the variety and interaction between them. I have explored water as theme before, and as with most things that I choose to paint, subjects have a way of cycling around again and again. Water is returning as a central theme of focus for me and I have more ideas for exploring this subject in ways that take it beyond my past explorations.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose said...

great reflections on the water :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin