Wednesday, June 8, 2016

sketchbook :: Edisto 2016 - still life

Continuing with my Edisto sketches, this post focuses primarily on the still life studies that I did while there.
Our most important criteia for a cottage rental is that it have a large screened porch with a good sized table. Four artists all together need room to spread out!
Especially when so many treasures are collected.
More each day.
I enjoyed having the time to fill my sketchbook pages with these found objects.
I especially like the old, weathered sea shells. The markings tell such interesting stories.
Onions from the local market became the "challenge" subject that we all painted at least once. Of course, many fine meals were shared that were created with produce from King's Market at Edisto.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose said...

I would live in that porch lol

great job getting all the different textures on the objects :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin